A Cohort Study to Evaluate Genetic Predictors of Aromatase Inhibitor Musculoskeletal Symptoms (AIMSS)
This pilot clinical trial studies anastrozole in treating aromatase inhibitor musculoskeletal symptoms in female patients with stage I-III breast cancer. Anastrozole may stop the growth of tumor cells by blocking some of the enzymes needed for cell growth.
• Patients must be post-menopausal
• Patients must have estrogen and/or progesterone receptor positive histologically confirmed stage I-III adenocarcinoma of the breast
• Patients must have completed recommended local therapy and adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer
• Patients must not have received prior AI therapy with exemestane, letrozole, or anastrozole as adjuvant therapy or for prevention of breast cancer; prior tamoxifen as adjuvant therapy or for prevention is allowed
• Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status between 0-2
Alison Conlin, M.D.
ECOG (Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group)
The Pacific Cancer Research Consortium clinical trials are offered at multiple locations throughout Oregon, Washington, Alaska, California, and Idaho. To find a location near you, please contact the Patient Engagement Center at 844-552-2734.