A Phase II Randomized Study Evaluating the Biological and Clinical Effects of the Combination of Palbociclib with Letrozole as Neoadjuvant Therapy in Post-Menopausal Women with Estrogen-Receptor Positive Primary Breast Cancer
This study will look at effects the combination of palbociclib and letrozole may have on estrogen receptor (ER)-positive/human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative breast cancer tumors which have not yet been treated. Letrozole is a type of endocrine therapy called an aromatase inhibitor (AI) and is standard treatment for post-menopausal women with ER-positive/HER2-negative breast cancer.
* Patients must be postmenopausal women defined as: Age 56 or older with no spontaneous menses for at least 12 months prior to study entry; or Age 55 or younger with no menses for at least 12 months prior to study entry (e.g., spontaneous or secondary to hysterectomy) and with a documented estradiol level in the postmenopausal range according to local institutional/laboratory standard; or Age greater than or equal to 18 with documented bilateral oophorectomy.
* Operable ER-positive/HER2- negative, invasive early breast cancer, suitable for neoadjuvant AI treatment. HER2-negative as determined by American Society of Clinical Oncology - College of American Pathologists (ASCO-CAP) guidelines.
Alison Conlin, M.D.
- Oncology and Hematology Care Eastside
- Oncology and Hematology Care Newberg
- Oncology and Hematology Care Southeast
- Oncology and Hematology Care Westside
- Oncology and Hematology Care Willamette Falls