SHS_492420 BASA CITV 18040
A Multi-Center Prospective Comparison of Intracorporeal and Extracorporeal Anastomoses for Minimally Invasive Right Colectomy
• Subject is 18 years or older
• Subject undergoing either laparoscopic or robotic-assisted right colectomy for benign or malignant right colon disease
• Subject undergoing intracorporeal or extracorporeal anastomosis proximal to mid-transverse colon
• Subject is contraindicated for general anesthesia or surgery
• Emergent Case
• Subject has perforated, obstructing or locally invasive neoplasm (T4b)
• Subject with inflammatory bowel disease
• Subject with prior incisional hernia repair
• Planned right colectomy along with major concomitant procedures (e.g. hepatectomies, other intestinal resections).
• Metastatic disease with life expectancy of less than 1 year
• Pregnant or suspect pregnancy
• Subject is mentally handicapped or has a psychological disorder or severe systemic illness that would preclude compliance with study requirements or ability to provide informed consent
• Subject belonging to other vulnerable population, e.g, prisoner or ward of the state
Amir Bastawrous, M.D.