A Phase 3 Randomized Study Comparing Nivolumab and Ipilimumab Combination vs Placebo in Participants With Localized Renal Cell Carcinoma Who Underwent Radical or Partial Nephrectomy and Who Are at High Risk of Relapse
The purpose of this study is to determine whether the combination of nivolumab and ipilimumab is safe and effective for delaying or preventing recurrence of cancer in patients who have experienced the partial or entire removal of a kidney.
• Kidney tumor has been completely resected 4 to 12 weeks prior to randomization
• Pathologic TNM staging meeting one of the following: pT2a, G3 or G4, N0 M0; pT2b, G any, N0 M0; pT3, G any, N0 M0; pT4, G any, N0 M0; pT any, G any, N1 M0
• Post-nephrectomy tumor shows RCC with a predominantly clear cell histology, including participants with sarcomatoid features
• Participants with an active known or suspected autoimmune disease
• Known history of positive test for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or known acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)
• Any severe or serious, acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition, or laboratory abnormality that may increase the risk associated with study participation
• Participants with a condition requiring systemic treatment with corticosteroids
Other protocol defined inclusion/exclusion criteria could apply.
Brendan Curti, M.D.
BMS (Bristol-Myers Squibb)
- Providence Cancer Institute Franz Clinic