HVP Hemodynamic-GUIDEd Management of Heart Failure (Guide HF)
The GUIDE-HF IDE clinical trial is intended to demonstrate the effectiveness of the CardioMEMS™ HF System in an expanded patient population including heart failure (HF) patients outside of the present indication, but at risk for future HF events or mortality.
Key Inclusion Criteria:
1. Diagnosis and treatment for heart failure (HF) (regardless of left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF)) for > 90 days prior to the date of consent:
a. Subjects should be on stable, optimally titrated medical therapy for at least 30 days, as recommended according to current American Heart Association (AHA)/American College of Cardiology (ACC) guidelines as standard-of-care for HF therapy in the United States, with any intolerance documented.
2. GUIDE-HF Randomized Arm Only: NYHA Class II (closed), III or IV HF symptoms documented within 30 days prior to consent.
3. GUIDE-HF Single Arm Only: NYHA Class III HF symptoms documented within 30 days prior to consent.
4. HF hospitalization (HFH) within 12 months prior to consent and/or elevated N-terminal pro-Brain Natriuretic Peptide (NT-proBNP) (or Brain Natriuretic Peptide (BNP)) within 30 days prior to consent defined as:
Subjects with LVEF ≤ 40%: NT-proBNP ≥ 1000 pg/mL (or BNP ≥ 250 pg/mL).
Subjects with LVEF > 40%: NT-proBNP ≥ 700 pg/mL (or BNP ≥ 175 pg/mL).
Thresholds for NT-proBNP and BNP (for both LVEF ≤ 40% and LVEF > 40%) will be corrected for body mass index (BMI) using a 4% reduction per BMI unit over 25 kg/m2
5. ≥ 18 years of age
6. Chest circumference of < 65 inches, if BMI is > 35 kg/m2
7. Written informed consent obtained from subject
8. Willing and able to upload pulmonary artery (PA) pressure information and comply with the follow-up requirements.
**Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply. Please click on the NCT Number (below) to learn more about the study at clinicaltrials.gov.**
Heart and Vascular
Jacob Abraham MD
St Jude Medical
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center